Hi, Tabor Warren Photography Family!
Here is a step-by-step guide to creating your wedding or portrait album. I would suggest looking through this guide in one tab, and opening your link in another tab. We’ve tried our dardest to keep everything as streamlined as possible, but it is still nice to have this reference guide handy in case you have any questions along the way.
If you do end up having any questions for me, please feel free to call/text my cell, (918) 902-5663 or send me an email at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing the photos you choose!
All my best,
Step 1: Check Your Emails for the Album Link
Quick Tip: The subject line will read, “Relive moments from”…
Step 2: Enter in your email address.
Since we already have your email address on file, this keeps everything simplified in case we have any questions. =)
Step 3: “Heart” Your Favorite Photos!
You can find the “heart” icon in the top-right corner of your favorite photos.
We suggest finding 31-67 total photos during this part. Our reasoning is that 3-5 photos per spread (2 pages), is enough to convey a story while maintaining a clean and clear design. We also recommend opening and closing with a single image, the opening image foreshadowing the style of your wedding (fun, elegant, classy, romantic, etc.), and the closing photo either from your grand exit, or a night time creative.
You can view a couple of album styles in the “Bonus” section below!
Step 4: Click the “Favorites” Icon
The “Favorites” icon is designated by a heart in the top right corner of the screen when viewing your gallery.
Step 5: Click “My Favorites”
Step 6: Choose the Email Option Within the “My Favorites” Folder
Step 7: Send Us Your Favorites! =)
The best email to send it to is, email@example.com
There are two primary styles of wedding albums we typically design. Below are examples of each!
The Classic Album contains 3-5 images per spread on every spread. This is great if the primary objective is to create an album with as many photos as possible while still having a clean design.
An example of the Classic Album would be:
The Modern Album is more of a storybook styled album. This album contains one photo to open the album with an image that foreshadows the rest of the story letting the viewer know that this album is going to be fun, romantic, elegant, etc. Spreads 2-14 contain 3-5 images per spread to tell the story, and spread 15 closes the story with an
An example of the Modern Album would be:
What if you have “too many” photos?
Often times we run into instances where “too many” photos are selected, (typically anything over 75). When this happens we have a few options;
Option 1; We go through and select our favorites from the photos you submitted
- There is nothing else you all would have to do at this time.
- You’ve already found your favorites out of the gallery so every photo is a winner.
- We would be crafting an album that appeals to us, though the images chosen may not necessarily be your favorites.
- It would likely delay production time in allowing us time to visually inspect the qualities and ratios for your album.
- Production time is also increased since this option often leads to more drafts before the final album is submitted.
Option 2; You and your spouse cull through the images you’ve selected.
- With this option, we rarely have the need to create more than one draft before an album is ready for production. Since the number of photos and photos themselves all line up, everything is often visually perfect the first time.
- You all get to decide between photos that are very similar, which one is your true favorite, rather than which one is our favorite.
- It would mean logging back in and un-clicking the “heart” icon before resending the email. Though not a long process, it still takes time.
Option 3; Simply add additional spreads for only $40/spread.
- Increases the number of photos in your heirloom album since even one spread can add another 3-5 of your favorites.
- Increases the thickness and rigidity of your album
- Each additional spread is only $40
- Each additional spread is $40
Option 4; Use every selected photo.
- We can get started on album design right away.
- There would be quite a few photos per spread which could look a bit cluttered and each photo rather small.
Out of the options listed above, option 3 often works out the best. With all of the albums we put into production, our album cost is covered in the first 20 pages, but we’ve upped the count by 20 additional pages, often costing us hundreds per album, however, we recognize that this is your first family heirloom and pressure is on to make it perfect. This drive for perfection is the driving force behind our desire to create the perfect album for you and your family to enjoy for generations to come.
Once you send over the email, we will have your selections, and can begin working on your album. We will send over a sample prior to putting your album into production, but as always, if you have any questions during the process, please feel free to reach out, as we would love to help!
Lastly, we have a lot of great content coming up so I went ahead and added our social links below. Throughout the coming months, I’ll be writing guides and blogging answers to questions that we often hear, however, if you have any thoughts for a great topic, I would love to hear your insight! Though I’ll be tackling common questions I’ve heard throughout the years, I would still love to address any questions you may have with an in-depth answer as well.
Thank you for working alongside Em and I in designing your album, and we look forward to getting your design back to you soon!
All my best,